Salted Caramel Shortbread Cookies
Thank you, Kristy Leavitt, for this recipe!
1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
1 tbsp water
1 cup preparedCaramel Sauce
1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
Toppings (optional): Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line Sheet Pan with Sheet Pan Liner.
- Using an electric hand mixer on medium speed, beat mix with butter and water until a soft, uniform dough forms.
- Using Prep Pro Scoop (2 tbsp), scoop dough; scrape scoop to level on the side of the bowl. Arrange on pan, spacing 1" apart. Gently press to flatten. Using your thumb or the back of a small spoon, create a small indent in the centre of each cookie.
- Bake 14–16 min, until edges are golden brown. Place on Cooling Racks.
- Using scoop, fill halfway (about 1 tbsp) with prepared caramel. Fill the centre of each cookie. Let cool.
- In Prep Bowl, microwave chocolate chips for 2 min, stirring every 30 sec, until melted. Add chocolate to piping bag with small nose and drizzle over cookies. Top with sea salt, if desired.
Per serving (1 cookie): Calories 180, Fat 13 g (Saturated 8 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 45 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g (Fiber 1 g, Sugars 9 g), Protein 1 g.