Grilled West Coast Fish Sandwich
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 1 cup fresh veggies, your choice.
1⁄2 tbspRoasted Garlic Aioli Mix
1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
1⁄2 tsp lemon juice, optional
4-4.5 oz (130 g) fresh skinless fish fillets such as cod, snapper, or salmon, about 1" thick
2 tsp oil + more for brushing
4 burger buns, split
1 small cucumber
1⁄2 red bell pepper
4 leaves lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine aioli mix, mayo, and lemon juice, if using. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Lightly brush with oil.
- With paper towel, pat fish dry. Season both sides with burger seasoning. Place on grill. Grill with lid closed until cooked, about 4 min per side. Add buns for the last 1 min of cooking; grill until lightly toasted. Remove fish and buns from grill.
- While fish is resting, using Y Peeler, slice cucumber lengthwise into ribbons. Thinly slice pepper.
- To assemble, spread toasted buns with 1 tbsp aioli per sandwich, or more, as desired. Divide fish, cucumber, pepper, and lettuce between buns.
Per serving (with 1 tbsp aioli): Calories 360, Fat 15 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g (Fiber 2 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 26 g.
When grilling fish, it’s best to use fresh, firm-fleshed fish such as cod or snapper, or even salmon! Frozen fish that’s been thawed is more likely to break apart.