1 tbsp oil
1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
3 celery stalks
2 medium carrots
2 medium potatoes
2 1⁄2 cups water, divided
1 cup frozen peas
- In an 8-quart programmable pressure cooker, program to SAUTÉ. Heat oil. Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add to pot and cook until opaque on all sides, about 10 min.
- Dice celery and carrots. You should have about 1 cup each. Cube potatoes. You should have about 2 cups. Add celery, carrots, potatoes, and 2 cups water to pot.
- Secure lid. Place steam release valve in SEALING position. Press MANUAL button, select HIGH, and set time to 10 min. This will take some time to get up to temperature before the timer starts to count down.
- When the cook time has finished, naturally release pressure for 10 min.
- Using a long-handled spoon, push the steam release valve to VENTING position. Release pressure completely before opening lid.
- In a bowl, combine remaining 1⁄2 cup water and seasoning and stir until dissolved. Press SAUTÉ, stir in mixture, and simmer 1–2 min until thickened.
- Stir in frozen peas. Let peas warm through, about 1 min.