1 pkg (16 oz/450 g) frozen all-butter puff pastry, thawed
3⁄4 cup finely chopped chorizo sausage
1⁄2 cup grated manchego or Monterey Jack cheese
- Unroll pastry on a floured surface. Using a 3” round cutter, cut out 16 rounds. Gather up and re-roll scraps as necessary.
- In a mixing bowl, mix chorizo with cheese and 1⁄2 tsp Smoked Spanish Paprika. Place 1 tbsp of mixture in centre of each pastry round. Lightly brush edges with water and fold pastry over to create half-moon shapes. Pinch edges or use a fork to seal.
- Place pastries on parchment-lined Sheet Pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk egg and remaining Smoked Spanish Paprika. Brush over tops of each pastry. Using a fork, poke holes in tops to allow steam to escape. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before baking.
- While puffs are chilling, preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Bake puffs for 15–18 minutes, until puffed and golden.