Caramel Bliss Bars
1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1⁄4 cup water, milk or cooled coffee
9Petite Turtle Caramels, cut into thirds
1⁄2 recipe preparedChocolate Fudge SauceorCaramel Sauce, chilled
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8” square pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs; whisk in melted butter and water. Add brownie mix; stir to combine.
- Scrape half the batter into prepared pan; bake for 10 min. Scatter caramel pieces over baked brownie; gently press in. Scrape remaining batter on top and smooth; bake until edges are firm and centre is set, about 30 more min.
- Meanwhile, using a hand mixer, beat chilled fudge or caramel sauce until light and fluffy.
- Refrigerate to cool brownies completely, about 1 hour. Spread icing on top. Cut into bars or squares.
Per serving (1 bar): Calories 240, Fat 14 g (Saturated 8 g, Trans 0.3 g), Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 170 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 21 g), Protein 4 g.
To speed up prep time, make Petite Turtle Caramels and Chocolate Fudge Sauce or Caramel Sauce a day before baking the bars.
Freeze caramels for 10 min before cutting.