Serve with 1 cup rice.
3⁄4 cups water
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp oil
1 lb (450 g) beef strips
4 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- In a bowl, stir seasoning with water and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat oil in Wok over high heat.
- Add beef; stir-fry until cooked, 3–4 min.
- Add broccoli to wok, cover and steam for 2 min, until broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Add reserved seasoning mixture; stir-fry, uncovered, until sauce thickens.
Make it vegan and replace beef with 1 lb (450 g) medium-firm tofu, cut into 1” cubes.
Swap beef strips for 1 lb (450g) lean ground beef or chicken breast.